Wild. Wacky. Wonderful!
What an incredible demo meeting! At 9:30 am on May 14, 28 enthusiastic people gathered in the Théâtre aux Écuries practice space and MAGIC happened. How could we have expected anything different, what with so much talent and know-how altogether in one room?
- SAA Sapandeep Randhawa’s succinct introduction of Pierre LeBlanc … “He’s been a Toastmaster for 3 and 2/3rds of a year, yes, that is exactly 3 years and 8 months. I’d like to thank Pierre for writing his own intro.”
- Pierre LeBlanc, Chairperson, aka as Thor with his hammer
- Artem Ploujnikov, Toastmaster, taking the sport of *gavelling* to an extreme
- Aurore Liang’s enthusiastic Moment of Humour
- Anita Walter’s beautiful Interpretive Reading delivered in “children-ese”, as she described it
- A meticulous grammarian, Estelle Ross, who agreed to waive fines for crutch words, just that day … so watch out next time!
- An advanced timer, Elias Elahie, who amazingly kept up with a new “segment timing” procedure, and also delivered a brief timing report on speech intros and conclusions
- Jy Nanda’s humorous speech “To Rent or to Marry, That is the Question”, evaluated by two of Montreal’s funniest men, Vitaly Terekhov and Sacha Pommepuy
- Lee Weishar’s contest speech “Follow your dreams”, evaluated according to the Judges’ Ballot by the wise Gaetane Ferland and George Kiorpelidis Jr.
- A very fun and creative Table Topics session led by Bonnie Mak that involved “The Three Denis’ ” and a “Hot Potato”
- An especially entertaining report from Rosalia Felice, GE, who was awarded the “Most Enthusiastic” ribbon
- A surprise door prize draw!
- A visit from DeerTM who recommends to all advanced Toastmasters to join Beyond Words, because “They’re just so awesome!”
- A super delicious post-toasties at Ho Guom, the nearby Vietnamese restaurant (17 of us!)
- And best of all … a most amazing crowd of fun and open-minded individuals willing to jump right in to play and learn!
Thanks to all who attended for making our demo meeting a SUCCESS!
Special thanks to Sophie Pascal, our District Public Relations Manager (PRM), for putting this fantastic compilation of the day’s antics together:
Here are some photos: